What would ASCP members like to see happen in the next five to ten years that would most impact our lives and work as laboratory professionals?
And what can ASCP do as an organization to elevate laboratory medicine as a profession and address the greatest challenges we face?
On this episode of Inside the Lab, Dr. Dan Milner sits down with attendees of the ASCP 2021 Annual Meeting to explore what ASCP can do to advocate for higher wages and increase the visibility of medical lab professionals.
They share what they love about working in the medical laboratory, describing the vital role we play in delivering patient care.
Listen in for ASCP member insight on burnout among lab professionals during the pandemic and learn what we can do to stay healthy, positive and empowered to pursue a balanced life.
- What ASCP members would like to see happen in the next 5 to 10 years that would most impact the lives and work of laboratory professionals
- What ASCP can do to foster interprofessional relationships and communication among laboratory professionals
- ASCP’s advocacy programs and initiatives to address issues of workforce vacancies and wages
- How ASCP might increase the visibility of medical laboratory professionals
- What ASCP members love about working in the medical laboratory
- How more than 70% of medical decisions are based on data generated by lab professionals
- How the pandemic exacerbated challenges around burnout and personal wellness among laboratory professionals
- What lab professionals can do to stay healthy, positive and in control of a balanced life
- What more ASCP could do to combat disinformation regarding COVID-19
Connect with ASCP
Connect with Dr. Milner
ASCP’s Wage and Vacancy Survey
ASCP Career and Pathology Ambassadors
Society of Black Pathologists
ASCP Advocacy Center
ASCP ePolicy News
ASCP COVID-19 Resources
Inside the Lab in the ASCP Store